Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Husband's Delight

Oh the name just cracks me up.  But I guess it's a pretty accurate name because my husband does enjoy this one, then again he loves anything with pasta, cheese etc.

This is another one from my stash of old recipes, I think it came from cooks.com.

I'm not really sure where that name came from, and from what I've gathered over the years, there seem to be quite a few variations on this recipe, I guess in a way it's whatever you have on hand.   It does remind me a lot of a good ol baked spaghetti casserole.


A Husband's Delight

A Husband's Delight

1 lb. ground beef
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Pinch of garlic powder
1 1/2 to 3 tbsp. minced onion or 1 onion, chopped
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1 (8 oz.) pkg. egg noodles  (I used spaghetti noodles this time)
1 (4 oz.) pkg. cheddar cheese, grated  (I used mozzarella)


Brown hamburger; drain. Add sauce, seasoning, and onion; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions. In small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream, mixing well. In 2 quart casserole dish, layer noodles, meat mixture, and sour cream mixture alternately - twice. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until hot.

A Husband's Delight

3 comments:

  1. My mom use to make this when I was a kid the only thing different is she put green onion in the sour cream/cream cheese mixture.....perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

    Clover
    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bumped into your blog and i really liked it - great recipe, yummy! yummy!

    LovingBettyBoop
    www.joeydavila.net

    ReplyDelete