Sunday, April 01, 2012

Grilled Bacon Burgers

Whew, I'm back from the brief hiatus.

It felt good to get away from the internet and this crazy fast paced world, to just relax for a bit and not feel so overwhelmed and stressed with day to day life.  BUT, I did miss sharing my recipes online, so I'm glad to be back on track.

I'm going to share 3 recipes this morning/afternoon and I do have a few more coming up next week :)

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful and just yesterday we were sitting at 90 degrees, so up went the Canopy in the back yard, out came the grill and these babies were thrown on.

Grilled Bacon Burger

Grilled Bacon Burgers


1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
5 bacon strips
5 hamburger buns, split
Leaf lettuce, tomato slices and onion slices, optional

In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, onion, soy sauce, ketchup and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each; secure with a toothpick.

Grilled Bacon Burger

Grill the patties, uncovered,

Grilled Bacon Burger

over medium-hot heat for 5 to 6 minutes

Grilled Bacon Burger

on each side

BBQ

or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.

Grilled Bacon Burger

Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your hiatus, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say we missed you. These burgers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your time-off, but glad you're back. The burgers look delish - can't wait to try them. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete