Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Slow Cooker Oniony Meatloaf

When I drew up the menu plan for these two weeks, I decided that since the weather is finally cool and Christmas is around the corner, and I have so much stuff to get done, it would be best to go full on Slow cooking.

We've been able to enjoy really delicious meals and all I have to do is get it going in the morning and serve it at night.  What's better than that?

Here's one of the first ones, and by the way a lot of these are coming from my Gooseberry Patch Slow cooker Recipes Cookbook. In most cases I am giving you the exact recipe, in others I've slightly adapted it.

2011_12060025
Oniony Meatloaf

2 eggs
1/2 cup catsup
3/4 c. quick-cooking oats, uncooked (I used panko breadcrumbs)
1 and 1/2 oz. pkg. onion soup mix
2 lbs. ground beef

Combine eggs, catsup, oats and soup mix in a large bowl. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape ground beef mixture into a loaf, place into crockpot.

Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees. (about 30 minutes before it was done, I poured some ketchup on top and spread it a little)

2011_12060023

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! Do you use lean ground beef? I'm thinking if I make it with regular beef it might be swimming in grease?

    ReplyDelete