Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Creamy Cappuccino Mix

I love a good Cappuccino but I don’t like the ones you get at the grocery store in the little cans and I like even less, having to find a Starbucks and dishing out ridiculous amounts of money for something I can have at home.

Now you could always use a Cappuccino maker (I admit I have one and have used it maybe twice *shameful I know*), OR, you could make a quick mix that you can keep in your freezer and when the craving arises, just a teaspoonful or two in a mug with hot milk, or cold milk  and TA-DA!

Creamy Cappuccino Mix

Creamy Cappuccino Mix

50 grams instant coffee (5 rounded tablespoons + 2 rounded teaspoons)
1 and a half cups of sugar
1 cup of boiling water
Optional:  you can add in some cinnamon to the mix, it is also delicious

Beat everything with an electric mixer until it forms peaks, kinda like if you’re beating egg whites.


Creamy Cappuccino Mix

Pour into a freezer safe container, I use tupperware.  Place in freezer and when needed, use a teaspoon or two in hot milk, hot water or my favorite which is cold milk for an extra delicious iced coffee.

To make the iced coffee, I fill half a glass with ice cubes, put in the cappuccino mix, pour milk to fill the glass and then stir well.  You can add a dash of cinnamon and even whipped cream if you wish. 



© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, this looks great and like something I'd LOVE to try. Couple of questions though....what type of instant coffee do you use? I am a little bit of a coffee snob, and really appreciate good coffee and coffee drinks :) 2nd question is, how long does this last in the fridge? How much milk are you using for just a teaspoon or two of this mixture?

    How are you doing? You, Curt and his "team", and the kiddos are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete