Friday, March 04, 2011

Chocolate Popcorn

Remember the Caramel Popcorn from a few months ago????

Well I figured it was time to change it up a little, so this afternoon, I brought out the chocolate chips and made chocolate popcorn.   I swear it was like I placed a batch of GOLD nuggets in front of my family, the way they looked at it, their twinkly eyes, the licking of the lips and the "Oh THAT is good" comments that ensued.

Guess it's a winner and I'll be making a bunch more just to keep around in mason jars, for snack time.

Chocolate Popcorn

Chocolate Popcorn

12 cups popped popcorn
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Spread popcorn on a cookie sheet, if it's too much, just bake it in batches or use two sheets.

Preheat oven to 300 F.

In a medium saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup and butter.  Stir and cook over medium heat and mixed well and boiling.  Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and the chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted.

Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat.  Bake for 45 minutes, stir every 15 minutes or so.  When done, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.  Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.

Chocolate Popcorn

3 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that you are brilliant? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long do you suppose this will last in storage (assuming one can get it in jars before being eaten):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, are you kidding me? I loooooooove this!!!!! I shall make some immediately.

    ReplyDelete