Friday, May 07, 2010

Turkey, Chourico and Bacon Kabobs

I love the warm weather and I'm all about grilling outside, but today I realized a little too late that I didn't have any charcoal for the grill.

No problem, you can pop these in the oven at 450 F for 30 minutes or until the turkey is cooked and the bacon is crispy. SO SO good!

This is not a recipe I got anywhere, I just threw a couple things on the skewer and spiced it up, baked it and VOILA. Kids love these, which tells me next time I need to make double of what I made today.

2010_05070049

TURKEY, CHOURICO AND BACON KABOBS

2 turkey breasts (they need to be thick, not the thin ones)
1 chourico
Bacon slices
Onion
Salt
Worcestershire flavored Pepper
garlic powder
paprika
olive oil

Cut the turkey into big chunks, wrap a slice of bacon around it and put it on a skewer. Follow with a slice of Chourico. Repeat with another piece of bacon wrapped turkey and another chourico slice. Continue until you have 3 pieces of each, top with a few slices of onion.

2010_05070045

Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Repeat with the remaining skewers. I got 6 out of 2 turkey breasts.

2010_05070046

Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a 450 F oven for about 30 minutes or until turkey is cooked and bacon is crispy.

2010_05070050

Serve with a salad.

2010_05070052

9 comments:

  1. Just curious - are you able to find Portuguese Chourico here in the United States? I buy Linguica all the time but can't find Chourico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanne, I do find chourico, but I also use the linguica a lot. You can certainly use that in this recipe instead of the chourico, it's good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kabobs totally remind me of summer! I can't wait! It's seriously supposed to snow tonight. We haven't had snow since February and we're supposed to wake to snow. It's 37 degrees and SOOOOO not kabob weather! That's Minnesota for you! These look so good though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous Sandra! Those look sooooooooooooo delicious! I wish I had some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you a bloggy award! Stop by and pick it up here: http://www.jennifersikora.com/2010/05/sunshine.html

    Thanks!

    Jennifer Sikora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower... great pictures and some great ideas for my meal plan this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What delicious kabobs! Perfect for grilling. I love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look divine! I can't wait to try them when I make up our next dinner menu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Chourico. I grew up in Rhode Island and can always get it there in many forms. I now live in Florida and fortunately Publix always carries it. A little taste of home. Perfect. Can't wait to try these skewers.

    ReplyDelete