Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hillbilly Teeth Snack!

My kids love snacks but sometimes they tend to go for what is easily accessible, which may not exactly be the healthiest to have around.

But here's a snack they can really sink their teeth into. *snicker*

And don't forget to grab your camera, because kids will not only love eating these but playing with them too, mine lost a few teeth along the way, but thankfully these false teeth are cheap and easily accessed in your own kitchen, and they're mighty purty too, just look at them pearly whites.

2010_03140022

HILLBILLY TEETH
Credit: Heide at Tried and True Cooking with Heidi

smooth peanut butter
1 red apple, cored and slice into eighths
miniature marshmallows


Spread peanut butter on one side of each apple slice (squeeze a little lemon juice over apple if not serving immediately). Place marshmallows on one apple slice using the peanut butter as glue. Lay another apple slice, peanut butter side down, on top.


2010_03140023

Now that's what I call a pretty smile.

2010_03140017

He should really see the dentist, that one crooked tooth on the right is growing in sideways

2010_03140020

11 comments:

  1. Way fun! I know a few adults that would have a blast with these - me included :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an awesome idea! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! I have never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cracking me up! I will definitely be making these for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this
    You may see it on my blog soon, due to the fact that I have three boys who LOVE humor with everything...especially their food. This is right up their alley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in the Ozarks so our Texas Grandsons will LOVE this one! Can't wait to make it for them when they are here this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are too funny, and great... can't wait to make them for my nephews next time I see them.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO MUCH FUN!!!! I am going to do this with my kiddos!!

    Mrs. NB

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last one really needs a dentist Fayetteville. Funny how you can make such snacks with full creativity, I'm pretty sure kids would dig on such a healthy snack.

    To sway our kid's attention from attractive junk foods we should rather make creative food presentation like this. Or make cupcakes with your kids like we used to do with Mom in Fayetteville, NC. Dentists always remind us that it would make our teeth stronger if we eat healthy and nutritious food.

    ReplyDelete