Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mustard Herb Chicken Breasts!

Ok a new week of menus with new recipes to try. 

This first one is taken from the Taste of Home Potlucks & Barbecues and is perfect for the grill, although in my case, I skipped that part and did it in two steps, first by browning it nicely in the skillet and then popping it in the oven until done. 

2009_05160033

MUSTARD HERB CHICKEN BREASTS
 
1/4 cup chopped green onion 
1/4 cup Dijon-mayonnaise blend 
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
1 garlic clove minced 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 
 
 In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once. 
 
2009_05160018 
 
Grill chicken, covered over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. 
 
2009_05160027 
 
NOTE: I followed the recipe but fried the breasts in the skillet until nice and brown and then transferred them to an ovenproof dish. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until they were done. 
 
2009_05160030 
 
I served mine with some curried rice.....it's just plain butter rice with a teaspoon or two of curry powder. Gives it that extra kick. Enjoy! 
 
2009_05160031

4 comments:

  1. that sounds super yummy! the dijon mayo blend, is that some dijon mustard mixed with mayo to equal 1/4 cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little bloggy bling over at my page for you "One Lovely Blog award" Please stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taste of home cooking magazine and web-site ... EVERY recipe I've tried has been wonderful. I'll try this one to, thanks for sharing.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!
    I was looking for your email, but didn't see it-so I am leaving a comment here. I just prepped, and got everything in my slow cooker to make the Chicken curry...It is 10:40 a. here, and it smelled so amazing...I am SO not the cook around here, so this was a big deal for me, but I love the ingredients, and HAD to make it...we'll see how it went...
    :)

    ReplyDelete