Monday, May 18, 2009

Bubble Pizza

When I first tried this recipe, a couple of years ago, I wasn't quite sure what to think, I mean I knew my kids love pizza but I was afraid that if I messed with the traditional way, they would not be impressed. 

BUT, I'm pretty lucky, my kids love anything to do with pizza and this recipe is so versatile that you can adjust it to their liking. So here you go, a different way of presenting pizza to the kids....let me know what they think. 

2009_05180032

BUBBLE PIZZA

 

3 (7 1/2 oz.) tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered 
14 oz jar spaghetti sauce, divided 
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (I use a mix, whatever I have on hand) 
1 clove garlic, minced (I use half a teaspoon of the jar minced garlic) 
 
Optional: sliced pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, onion, ham, sausage or pineapple Place biscuit pieces in a large mixing bowl; add half the spaghetti sauce, 2 cups cheese and garlic.

2009_05180003 

2009_05180004 

Mix until biscuit pieces are well coated; spread in a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Pour remaining sauce on top; add any optional toppings. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. 

2009_05180013 

2009_05180027

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I need to try that Lu would love it! Thanks for the recipe, what a neat way to make pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an old Pampered Chef Fave!!

    I haven't made it in awhile!!

    Thanks for the reminder of a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I'm going to have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fleischman's yeast also has a recipe for bubble up pizza. My sister made for me after I came home from the hospital with twins.

    I'll have to try. Love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I'm going to make this tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the first thing we made in my home-ec class in 6th grade. Our teacher called it Pizza Bubbles but the ingrendients are exactly the same and it's a recipe I still make. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete