Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Apple Cheese Coffee Cake!

The first time I had this dessert was during a Pampered Chef party that I was hosting. The original recipe is for Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake but I'm not a big fan of cherries and I much prefer apples, so I always use Apple Filling instead. 

If you've never tried this before, you will be surprised at just how darn good it is and how it will look like you've spent hours in the kitchen preparing it. Everytime I've served it to friends they've requested the recipe. 

102_0389

Apple Cheese Coffee Cake
 
Cake filling 
2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls 
8 oz. cream cheese 
1/4 cup powdered sugar 
1 egg 
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract 
21 oz. can apple pie filling  
 
Glaze 
1/2 cup powdered sugar 
2-3 teaspoons milk 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent dough and arrange 12 of the triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of the Large Round Stone - the points will not meet in the center.
 
102_0378 
 
Lightly flour and roll out the seams making a 14" circle with a 3" hole in the center. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla and spread over dough. 
 
102_0379 
 
Top with pie filling. 
 
102_0381 
 
Cut each of the 4 remaining triangles into thirds (starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point). Arrange over filling evenly in spoke-like pattern. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges. 
 
102_0389 
 
Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Mix powdered sugar and milk until glaze consistency and drizzle over coffee cake. 
 
102_0396

7 comments:

  1. the more i try your recipes, the fatter i get! :) oh this looks soooo good, if only i had some pie filling in a can i would try it... i'm more of a homemade girl myself, maybe i'll work on some pie filling and do it tomorrow... :) thanks again for another recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, Sandra! I'm like you and prefer apple to cherry filling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same recipe- and I, too, don't like cherry pie filling... BUT- I love me some raspberries. You should try this with raspberry filling as well. I will for sure be trying the apple one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all your fault... that's what I'm going to be saying to myself when I give in and stop by the store to buy cresent rolls! I will also use the apple pie filling I don't like the cherry.
    Thanks for Sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish we could get crescent rolls here. I may have to try thise with homemade biscuit dough!

    ReplyDelete