Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

 

This is Robin's Chicken Pot Pie and it's soooo sooo good, you won't believe that it takes but a few ingredients and nothing out of the ordinary to produce a filling and oh so yummy dish.

Are you ready????

100_2327

This is all you're going to need.....with a few exceptions though.  You need 1 cream of celery, 1 cream of chicken, 1 cream of mushroom, one chopped onion, 2 cans of chicken, 2 cans of diced new potatoes, a small bag of mixed veggies and 2 boxes of pie crusts.  It makes 2 pies but since I was only wanting one, I am only using 1 box of pie crust.

Then I also realized that while at the store, I accidentally picked up two cans of cream of mushroom instead of a cream of chicken.  I just blame it on the holidays and the craziness around here.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't completely confused you already, just come with me and I'll show you step by step, it's easy and in no time you'll be eating a yummy meal.

100_2333

Next you're going to chop 1 onion, I was feeling particularly lazy last night so I pulled out my mini chopper (I love him/her/it) and chopped it up real fine.

100_2334

Now go ahead and add 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 can of cream of celery and 1 can of cream of chicken

100_2336

2 cans of chicken chunks

100_2338

Next we add the 2 cans of diced new potatoes

100_2340

I am using one small bag of the microwaveable (however the heck you spell it LOL) veggies....just steam them in the microwave first before adding to the mixture.

100_2341

Here's the filling ready.

100_2342

Now go ahead and pull out your pie crust, roll it out to fit the dish you're using.  I used a casserole dish a little smaller than 9x13 - inch.

100_2344

100_2345

Pour the filling on the pie crust

100_2347

Now take out the second pie crust and roll it out again, then place on top of the filling.  At this point I went ahead and trimmed the pie crust.

100_2352

I'm sure Martha Stewart will be flinching at this point because I don't have any cute pastry cutters or shapers or molds or whatever nifty name she gave them.  I just used a small paring knife and cut out little leaf shapes from the excess dough that I trimmed off the pie.  See....smart cookie sometimes huh?

100_2366

Bake in a 350º for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Now here's the thing, I didn't get mine golden brown because it smelled so good and the family were literally trying to attack the oven while this pie cooked.  I pulled it out and it was done but not browny enough like I wanted it. 

Oh well, sometimes you gotta make sacrifices right???  This time I sacrificed browness for yumminess in my mouth, it's all good!

1 comment: