Monday, October 08, 2007

Menu Plan Monday!!!



Happy Monday everyone, this is what's on the menu for this week. As always remember that some days I switch meals around or end up not making them if something comes up, but for the most part I stick to everything on here INCLUDING breakfast and lunch.

If you're interested in playing along or just checking out what everyone is cooking, run on over to "I'm an Organizing Junkie".

Last week's menu was all about Slow Cooking and I have to tell you that I was sooooo happy with the recipes I tried. You can find them all on my blog here....Yummy!




BREAKFAST: Cereal, Chocolate Milk
LUNCH: Bacon & Cheddar Chicken Nuggets, Fruit
DINNER: Galinha Piri Piri w/ homemade fries (recipe below the menu)




BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs, toast
LUNCH: Quesadillas
DINNER: Spaghetti w/ Garlic Bread




BREAKFAST: Raisin Cinnamon Toast
LUNCH: Mac 'n Cheese, little smokies
DINNER: Smothered Steaks w/ mashed potatoes




BREAKFAST: Amish Style French Toast
LUNCH: Sandwiches, Yogurt
DINNER: Best Chili Ever




BREAKFAST: Waffles
LUNCH: Chili Dogs
DINNER: Fettucine Alfredo




BREAKFAST: Breakfast Casserole
LUNCH: Taco Bell
DINNER: Pork Chops w/ Rice




BREAKFAST: Bacon, Sausage, Eggs
LUNCH: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
DINNER: Fish and Chips


*************************************************

Portuguese Chicken Piri Piri

Here's the Portuguese Chicken Piri Piri recipe, it requires lots of marinading time but is well worth the wait. I usually just marinate it the day before and let it sit in the refrigerator until the next day. YUMMY!

I serve mine with homemade fries and some portuguese salad (lettuce, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper)


2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
3 tablespoons lemon juice
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (1 kg) lbs chicken pieces



1. In large glass bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.

2. Add chicken, turning to coat.

3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally; can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to make it ahead.

4. Reserving marinade, place chicken, skin side down, on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes.

5. Turn and brush with marinade; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.

6. For a less spicy version, replace above marinade with Portuguese Paprika Marinade: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, and 2 cloves of garlic, minced.

14 comments:

  1. Sandra, Great meal plan! We'll have to try the chicken piri piri soon. Here's a link that describes what scrapple is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yummy-looking week! I've still not tried the chicken Piri-Piri and I so want to!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fish and chips sound so good right now!! What a great menu week, Sandra. Have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious week you have planned!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous menu plan. Yummy! I want to come eat at your house. How was the piri piri? I am so going to try that. Hoping my picky kids will at least try it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious, especially the Portugese chicken. And now you've got me wondering what's different about Amish french toast. Guess I'll have to Google it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The portugese chicken sounds so yummy.thanks for the blog visit.have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra,
    I've just been looking over your recipes(and drooling-LOL). They are fantastic!! I've bookmarked several to try. I haven't had portuguese cooking since I moved from the Bay area in CA. I'm thrilled to be able to make it at home (or try to) instead of having to go out to get this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The piri-piri sounds really good both versions!! how do you find the time to make everything soooo pretty on your blog!! first time here its very nice!! thanks for popping by mine! I will try that chicken dish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love coming here because of all the yummy looking pictures, I always leave so hungry :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chicken looks and sounds yummy!!

    Please help....I saw a recipe for choc. chip pumpkin muffins (here or on your other blog...I don't remember) and I really thought I bookmarked it. I can't find it. I bought everything to make them and was all ready to do it and I can't find the recipe. Can you send me a link to it??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...don't know why I couldn't find it, but I did now. We are making these today and your pizza tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should open a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything looks great this week. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete