Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blogger Awards Nomination and a Recipe!!!




So I woke up this morning to a great surprise, the wonderful Mrs L had nominated this blog for the Blogger Choice Awards Best Food Blog. WOW!!!

I'm so thrilled to know that there's people out there who love this blog and enjoy the recipes I share, so thank you Mrs L for nominating me and thank you to anyone who may vote for my blog :)

Alright so as promised I'm sharing a recipe, actually I will be updating with a lot more today so you might want to keep checking :)


CALDO VERDE

If there is ONE soup that I absolutely love it's Caldo Verde and ask any portuguese person about it, I can bet you they all know it well.

It's one of my favorite soups and one that reminds me of home and especially my greatgrandmother, she made the BEST Caldo Verde. Enjoy!!!


4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 quarts cold water
1/2 lb chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons salt

ground black pepper, to taste
1 lb kale, rinsed and thin cut or julienne


  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
  2. Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 or 4 minutes more.
  3. Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are real mushy.
  4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has release most of its fat, 10 minutes.
  5. Drain.
  6. Mash potatoes or puree.
  7. Add the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat.
  8. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
  9. Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, until kale is tender and jade green.
  10. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment