Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Quick and Easy Tuna Salad!!!

EDIT: Overwhelmed has this weekly Five Ingredients Friday theme going on, I had no idea she did, but she mentioned it to me and now I'm eager to play along. She asked if I wanted to share this one and I am doing so now. So I'm editing my original post to make it a Five Ingredients Friday Post.



My kids and I love Tuna Salad, but since Curt doesn't care for it, I make it a lot during the summer for our lunches.

There is no secret recipe or right/wrong way to make it. I know there's a lot of different recipes for it, but this is how I make mine.



Tuna Salad

1 can of tuna, drained
potatoes, cooked (I usually eyeball, about 1 big potato for each of us)
mayonnaise
half an onion, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced


I start by cooking my potatoes either in a pan on the stovetop, or for a quicker way, I do it in the microwave. Four potatoes for about 10 minutes or so, just keep an eye on them. Remember to poke some holes in them before.

In a serving bowl I put the tuna, then add the onions, potatoes (chopped into bite size pieces), lettuce and mayonnaise, combine everything and then add the hard boiled eggs.

This is actually a very filling meal. When I have fresh lettuce at hand, I add that in there too. Be creative, add whatever you wish :)

4 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I'll have to try it since tuna salad is on the menu for next week.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandra, I didn't realize you had a whole blog devoted to feeding your family! Very cool!

    I wish you'd participate in my Five Ingredients Friday, using this recipe, so others can see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra...the tuna sounds great!!!! Ill try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete