Saturday, May 06, 2006

Menus May 6th - May 14th

Ok I seriously need to keep this blog updated, I've tried out so many good recipes lately and not just that but, I feel that if I had found a blog like this when I had just gotten married, it would helped immensely.

Making the switch from not making menus to planning meals, is actually really easy and it helps take away that feeling of "what am I going to fix for dinner?".

So here are the menus for the next two weeks. These are what we are eating of course you are more than welcome to copy it or just adjust to your liking, I know not everyone likes the same things. :)

Saturday 6th
Breakfast: Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy
Lunch: Soup & Sandwiches
Dinner: Ribs, Fries, Corn on the Cob


Sunday 7th
Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch: BBQ (hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans)
Dinner: Leftover BBQ


Monday 8th
Breakfast: Oatmeal, OJ
Lunch: Hot Pockets, Chips
Dinner: Chicken Salad Panini


Tuesday 9th
Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas
Dinner: Pork Chops w/ mashed potatoes


Wednesday 10th
Breakfast: Cereal w/ Milk
Lunch: PB & J Sandwiches, Fruit Bowls
Dinner: Shepherds Pie


Thursday 11th
Breakfast: Pancakes
Lunch: Hotdogs
Dinner: Roast Chicken w/ potatoes & veggies


Friday 12th
Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast, Juice
Lunch: Ramen Noodles
Dinner: Steak w/ Pepper Sauce and Rice



Saturday 13th
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Toast
Lunch: Homemade Pizza
Dinner: Slow Cooker Roast


Sunday 14th
Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch: Soup & Sandwiches
Dinner: Salisbury Steak w/ Rice



There ya go. I will post the recipes each day so that you can follow along :)
As I said before, go ahead and substitute whatever you wish according to your families tastes.

Tonight I'm making Ribs. Now us personally, we prefer the Pork Spareribs, so I buy a big slab, usually around 4.5 lbs for $7 which is not bad.



Now if you've never made ribs before, everyone always suggests boiling them first.

Preheat oven to 375 F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to the water. Boil ribs in seasoned water for 20 minutes. Drain, and let the ribs sit for about a half an hour.

Then I take the ribs, place them in a greased baking dish, make sure it's one of the big ones to fit the ribs, although I usually have the slab cut in half to make more room.
Then I take out a bottle of my favorite Barbecue Sauce and just slather it on there, turn the ribs over and slather it on the other side. Once I have them covered in the sauce, I cover the dish with foil.
Place in the oven for about 2 or 3 hours, about 20 minutes before it's done cooking, remove foil so they can get that nice crispy coating.

I usually serve mine with some Steak Fries, Corn on the Cob and the kids LOVE Onion Rings, so I sometimes do that too :)

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Court I'm so glad you going to try the menus. It really does save a lot of money because I find that I'm not buying unnecessary food :) Let me know how it works for you :) And YEAH, the ribs are realllllyyyyyy good, my hubby and kids devour those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have these in the oven as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete