Sunday, February 26, 2006

Chicken Carbonara anyone?

Last night I decided to keep it simple. If you read my other blog you'll know that I got a lot done yesterday so by the time it came down to fixing dinner, I wanted to keep it simple and fast.
We had spaghetti and some garlic bread. Kids and husband eat everything, mommy is happy!!!

So for tonight, I am making Chicken Carbonara Risotto. Now I have to tell you this week has kind of been an experimental one for me, I got tired of making the same things and when it was time to write down the menus, I totally drew a blank. So, out come the cookbooks and the recipe boxes. I usually make portuguese food, cause well, that's what I know how to make well. LOL
Next week is pay day, which means I need to get my menus done. I already know I'm cooking all portuguese so it will be fun to share my recipes here. Just hope you all like them :)

Here's the recipe for tonight's dish. As always let me know if you try them and like them or not.


Chicken Carbonara Risotto

Recipe Rating:
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20 min
Makes: 4 servings

  • 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup canned or frozen peas
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • 1 pkg. (7 oz.) MINUTE White Rice
  • 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
  • 1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
ADD soup, peas and water; bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
STIR in bacon bits and Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment